Blades of Daring Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOD Site News

+5
Nathaniel Redshot
ChristopherMcMorris1
Tueton_
Will Sharkskull
Kat Sheffield
9 posters

Go down

BOD Site News Empty BOD Site News

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/12/2008, 11:56 am

Morning everyone. In case you haven't noticed, the last time that our site page was updated was April 11th - which is really ridiculous. And we have no way of updating the site until Leon pops back on, if ever. So last night, Chopps and I were discussing putting together a new site that we can maintain and operate ourselves, update it as we want, keep a current member list at all times, as well as add some new content. As much as I hate to do this, seeing that Leon paid for the site and all, at this point I think that it has become necessary. We have a guild page for a reason, and it's rather pointless to have one and not be able to do anything about it. I was thinking that with a new page, we need to have more than one person who has access to updating it so that we can contribute and not be dependent upon one person to do so. Chopps mentioned Go-Daddy for a site, I was thinking Moonfruit - I've made sites there before and it's beyond simple. As much as it bothers me to say this, at this point, I don't think that Leon is coming back, which means that we have to move forward without him. If anyone has any suggestions where to either get a free web site or one on the cheap, just let us know here and I will look in to it. Also, if you have any suggestions as to what to add to the site plunk those down right here in the thread as well.

The way that I look at it is that our site needs to function for us, to speak for us. And what we have now simply isn't working. I want to add a 'contact' function that allows people to send messages regarding questions about the guild and whatever. Our current member list is in needs of a serious update. I think that our Guild History needs a major update and a few tweaks here and there. The Master & Apprentice program never really took off as we had planned, so that should probably just go, or we can just make some changes regarding it. As for the Letters of Mark, I do like that section, although there have been more than a few things that I have been itching to add to the list. I'd also like sections to post our FAQ there for people to easily read, as well as some funny stuff to post our wacky screen shots and all that. If we can find something cheap, I can chip in the cash for that one, that's not a big deal. But I really want a site that we can all be proud of, not a site that I log on to and see that the last update was April-F'ing-11th.

Suggest away. When I get home from work I'll be looking into some other possible sites as well. Guild Cafe is another possibility that a lot of people use, but I'm not certain how great their templates are and all that.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

BOD Site News Empty Re: BOD Site News

Post  Will Sharkskull 5/13/2008, 12:31 pm

Just wanted to check in on how this is going. I haven't made anysites or anything like that but I want to offer up my services in any way that I can. I hate to agree with you kat but I believe Leon isn't coming back either. Along with getting a new site under way we also need to find out in the potc forums on how to switch responsibilities from Leon to others. There are certain things that need to be maintained on that forums as well. So not only do we have to get a new site but have to get all things switched from Leon on both forums. Like I said though anything that I can do to assist let me know.
Will Sharkskull
Will Sharkskull

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Sharkskull 5/13/2008, 1:50 pm

I sent an email to one of the Mods of the POTC forums asking how we can switch responsibilities from Leon to another person so hopefull he gets back to me soon. Just wanted to let everyone know what is going on.
Will Sharkskull
Will Sharkskull

Back to top Go down

Post  Tueton_ 5/13/2008, 5:03 pm

It's kind of hard to submit a request to join if the requests are going to Leon....
Tueton_
Tueton_
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

BOD Site News Empty It's here

Post  ChristopherMcMorris1 5/13/2008, 5:25 pm

BOD HAS A TEMPORAY HOME

Chrismorris28.googlepages.com/home

It still needs so more love but its a start

ChristopherMcMorris1
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/13/2008, 5:54 pm

Don't jump the gun in switching just yet. Until we get the new site finalized, we will still direct everyone to this site. But I already like the way that the site is coming along Chris!
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

BOD Site News Empty NO NO NO

Post  ChristopherMcMorris1 5/13/2008, 9:37 pm

In now way will this replace the old set yet. It's an option thats free and availble to us if we like it. If leon desides not to show up again, or if you dont want to wait for him anymore we can make somthing like this on google for free. If we do like the idea we can make a BladesofDaring@gmail.com account. That would make the sites name BladesofDaring.googlepages.com and that would atleast look better than chrismorris28, or the old site. Lets face it the old site is "OLD" and the only thing it can be used for is a jumpsite to the forum page...........

ChristopherMcMorris1
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/14/2008, 11:36 am

I'm also considering a new forums. Ones that we can actually moderate ourselves. Which is going to be a huge pain in the ass, I know, since everyone is going to have to register and all of that painfully annoying crap. But that's definitely in my mind. I've also been working on a site, not that work has allowed me that much time to do so, but I've been doing a bit here and there on Moonfruit. If I upgrade, it's only $35 for the year, which isn't bad.

Here's what I do have so far: Blades of Daring New Site
Note: Links don't work yet and when I pay for the site, if I do, the .t83.net will change.

But what I would like to hear are suggestions from our members as to what we should include on the site. Feel free to add to my list. Here's what we already know will be included based on what Chris/Chopps and I have done:

General Guild Info
FAQ
Both Forums
Screen Shot Sections
Current Roster
Letters of Marque (updated)
Guild News
Application

Last edited by Kat Sheffield on 5/14/2008, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link added)
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

BOD Site News Empty i dont know if i can make the time but....

Post  Nathaniel Redshot 5/14/2008, 12:22 pm

my paps dose web design for a living and I have picked up a few tricks over the years I have dreamweaver and all that good stuff so maybe I could put something together the original site would be really simple or maybe I could get my dad to have one of his interns do it, all a big maybe Question
Nathaniel Redshot
Nathaniel Redshot
New User
New User

http://www.myspace.com/pleasanthillkid

Back to top Go down

Post  Constance Hexvane 5/14/2008, 4:35 pm

Site looks good! Maybe you could add a page based around guild activites? Might be helpful
Constance Hexvane
Constance Hexvane
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/14/2008, 6:08 pm

Constance Hexvane wrote:Site looks good! Maybe you could add a page based around guild activites? Might be helpful

Yes! Great suggestion. Something to cover plunder/fleet nights, guild meetings, specical events and all that. perfect.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

BOD Site News Empty Site info and misc stuffs!

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/15/2008, 3:41 pm

Ok, I think that between Chris and I, we can take care of the actual designing of the web page ourselves. But what we do need from you guys is anyone who is talent in graphic arts or anything like that. We could use a nice wallpaper for the site, a guild banner/logo to be used both on the site and in other forums. Anything sort of interesting and eye catching that you can come up with. My skills are seriously lacking in that area - I can use MS Paint, a basic photo editing program, and whatever Moonfruit allows me to do with the pictures. But I would definitely like to see something else. I am actually going to start a submission thread, once I get done here, for people to post screen shots, various pictures, banners, logos and all that good stuff. We definitely want the guild to be involved with the planning of the site. Leon kinda just took the ball and ran with the last one and never asked what we should add and all that. So..yeah. Also, I am going to be sending him an email asking him if he's not coming back if we can at least have the controls for the forums so that we can moderate it and control it ourselves. I'd really rather not have to begin a whole new forum, hunt people down to register to post and all that. But we definitely need to have moderators who can get in there, add important stickies, edit the folder and sections as we grow and whatever else we need. And we're limited in that regard right now.

But here's a question - do I email Leon at his BOD address or his yahoo address or message him on his myspace? lol. So many choices. I think that he's probably no longer reading the BOD address, so it's just down to the other two.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

BOD Site News Empty i will.....

Post  Nathaniel Redshot 5/15/2008, 5:01 pm

screw around on photoshop
Nathaniel Redshot
Nathaniel Redshot
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post  Nell O'Bowers 5/15/2008, 5:09 pm

I think you should message him on myspace, he likely checks that more often.
Nell O'Bowers
Nell O'Bowers
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/15/2008, 8:44 pm

Nathaniel Redshot wrote:screw around on photoshop

Yeah, only I don't have that program. MS Paint is it! Laughing
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Hector Irongrin 5/18/2008, 10:20 am

Kat Sheffield wrote:
Nathaniel Redshot wrote:screw around on photoshop

Yeah, only I don't have that program. MS Paint is it! Laughing

you want it?

i'll draw something too
Hector Irongrin
Hector Irongrin
Forum Sea Sponge
Forum Sea Sponge

http://www.myspace.com/bones_

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniel Redshot 5/18/2008, 12:00 pm

woops i meant i will screw around on photoshop
affraid
Nathaniel Redshot
Nathaniel Redshot
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/18/2008, 1:14 pm

For now, I am content with my photo editing software and the templates on the site that I've been using. I'm actually rather happy with the way that the site turned out. I'll leave the playing around with the pictures to you guys, unless I get bored, then I'll take you up on that offer, Hector.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  STEVE 5/18/2008, 2:18 pm

make a steve section and celebrate all the amazing accomplishments steve has made and has ever done...annndddd make it happen soon so i can see the shrine and bow to steves masculine glow...this was written by an anonymous person and needs to be kept anonymous or else
STEVE
STEVE
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/18/2008, 4:15 pm

Oh, absolutely. And this will be the main picture for the shrine.

BOD Site News Ss_2_n10

Thanks for the tip, anonymous sir.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniel Redshot 5/18/2008, 7:12 pm

this song made me think of the guild for some reason im sure some of you know it Wink
Nathaniel Redshot
Nathaniel Redshot
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down