Blades of Daring Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teamspeak Server is up and running.

2 posters

Go down

Teamspeak Server is up and running. Empty Teamspeak Server is up and running.

Post  Hector Irongrin 4/20/2008, 8:50 am

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::: For those of you that have used teamspeak before here is the information you'll need ::::::::::
::::::: Server address: ts3.holdouts.com:8805 Password: Plunder ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Oooooookay. I am going to learn ya'll via forums how to use teamspeak if you are not familiar with it.

First, go to http://www.goteamspeak.com and download the client version that is like 5.5 mb.
Then, install it !

Now, you will run teamspeak after installation and it will be shown as a blue square with a white set of headphones in your taskbar.
Click that and ts will open up on your desktop. HURRAY !

Now, click in the top left corner where it says connect, you will get the option to either quick connect or connect.
You want to connect in the standard manner.

On the left side is an empy white field. Right click and select the option to add server.

The label would be "Blades of Daring" or "A bunch of jackoff pirates."
Something along those lines.

The server address is ts3.holdouts.com:8805

You will select the anonymous login option. Enter your pirate's name as your nickname and where it says server password, type plunder.

After that, click Connect !

There you go, you will be connected to the teamspeak server.

Easy enough, right?

From here, you'll go up to settings and then select the sound input/output settings.

These you will have to DISNEYS FILTERS REACH THIS FORUM! with yourself, because everyone's different and won't use the same codec. The one that seems to work the best is speex 7.2 or something. So try that. And also, USE PUSH TO TALK. Set it to a key you never ever use like scroll lock. That way if you make all kinds of bodily noises or eat nachos while you play I don't have to listen to you chew, burp, fart, cough sneeze, sniffle, and smack your lips after finishing some tasty fried chicken.

It's pretty easy to use once you get it all set up.
If you need any help AFTER you've followed my directions, either get ahold of me in game or on AIM [ oldmanrighteous ]

*** Also, if you don't have a head set you can opt for the mic/speakers just make sure your kids aren't around. Or you can go pick one up at like target or wal-mart for $10-$20.

I think that's it.

Last edited by Hector Irongrin on 4/20/2008, 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : cause i felt like it)
Hector Irongrin
Hector Irongrin
Forum Sea Sponge
Forum Sea Sponge

http://www.myspace.com/bones_

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak Server is up and running. Empty Re: Teamspeak Server is up and running.

Post  Kat Sheffield 4/20/2008, 12:23 pm

Starting the process here as we speak. The directions do make it sound easy enough, so that's good. I'll be going out before dinner to find a headset, I'm just going to price it online first. When I do, I'll share the links here for others.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak Server is up and running. Empty Hooooray

Post  Kat Sheffield 4/20/2008, 4:15 pm

I just ended up taking Hector's advice and I bought the Altec Lansing headset over at Target. Which was bad bad bad. had I bought it somewhere other than Target, I would have spent the 40 something dollars and gotten out of there, but of course I can't get out of Target without spending a hundred bucks. So thaaaanks Hector.

Oh, and here's a tip, don't screw around and use the adapter (if your set comes with one) and plug it into the USB outlet on the front of your tower. Just plug it in directly to the back, much easier install and it actually works that way. Imagine that! So yeah, I'm up and running, so that makes a whopping two of us. yaaaaaaay. But honestly guys, this is a great addition to our little guild. So much thanks to Hector for setting this all up for us! We have to use it, only so that we no longer have to worry about getting banned with our chat. But here is one thing that I am going to say, for the most part the chat on TeamSpeak is going to be uncensored. So, if you're easily offended, or prefer not to hear naughty words..then stick with the guild chat, it's safer. And, you won't have to hear what I'm certain is going to be Hector and Leon's drunken Ling-Ling Panda beer rantings that are definitely not going to be rated G.

Just follow his directions for the install, they really are as simple as they look. And I definitely like the idea of having a hot key to activate the mic, otherwise you'll all hear me talking to myself while I play and cursing every other player that invades my compass space.

P.S. I know it's late notice and all, but if you can have this for Guild Night tomorrow that would be great. And if you don't know about Guild Night...then get your heads out of your asses and pay attention. pirat Monday April 21st @ 8pm
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak Server is up and running. Empty Re: Teamspeak Server is up and running.

Post  Kat Sheffield 4/21/2008, 12:17 pm

Just wanted to say that our first night on TS was a great success. We had such a blast last night. First it was just Hector and I, and he was kind enough to display his burping prowess. Then Rose, Will and Chopps jumped on. After some tinkering, Rose got her mic to work while Will and Chopps were all voyeur like and could only listen to us girls. One hour later, Will made a late night run to not one, not two, but three different Walmarts and finally jumped on with his mic! Chopps is next, I know it! I just want to emphasize how much fun this is going to be using this program rather than typing. For starters, not having to stop and type every few seconds really helped with my leveling. For example, yesterday I set my record for notoriety grinding - 20,000 rep in one day, most of that done between 7pm and 3am. Yes... I played for that long. But never before have I gained so much rep, and I honestly believe that it was because I didn't have to stop and type out responses. I wish I had been using this all along now! Besides that, chatting with one another this way is only going to bring us all that much more closer together.

Will was able to get a mic from Walmart that was only ten bucks, and it sounds perfectly fine! Rose was able to use her internal mic on her computer and that was free - and everybody loves free! So go and check beneath the cushions of your couches, check under the seats in the car, check the washer and the dryer for lose chain, clean out your old pockets. Do whatever it takes to be able to jump on the server and join us! But, if you can't get a mic right now, I just wanted to let you know that you can still log on to the TeamSpeak server and just listen - but trust me, it's only going to make you want to run out and get a mic/headset all the more sooner. tongue We're definitely going to be using this tonight when we plunder. Already we have four people who are coming sailing, if you haven't voted on the poll yet make sure that you do. We need to see if we'll have to take two ships or not.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak Server is up and running. Empty Get on the TS Bandwagon!

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/4/2008, 3:08 pm

BUMP on this one!

Let's get as many people on TS as we can! For those of us already talking on it, we're spoiled and therefore lazy, we don't want to have to type as much anymore. tongue
Besides, I'd like for everyone who is going plundering to at least be on TS and listening. It makes things that much easier.

The install takes literally 5 minutes if you just want to listen. Maybe 10 at the most if you need to set up your mic and all that. And it's easy to do.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down