Blades of Daring Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Understanding TeamSpeak juuuust a wee bit more

Go down

Understanding TeamSpeak juuuust a wee bit more Empty Understanding TeamSpeak juuuust a wee bit more

Post  Kat Sheffield 4/22/2008, 3:02 pm

Ok guys, I did touch on this briefly in a previous post regarding using TeamSpeak, but I suppose that I should clarify a few things.

1. TeamSpeak is not mandatory. Nobody is being told that they must use this program. Yes, I made a joke along those lines last night, but it was just that..a joke. If you don't want to use it at all, no worries. If you only want to listen and not talk, no worries there as well. If you want to jump on and flap your gums for hours on end about absolutely nothing of consequence, the more the merrier!
  2. Use TS at your own risk. Think about why we really have this program in the first place, besides Hector just deciding that we needed it and that was that. We have this so that we are able to communicate better with one another and so that we can escape the oppresive grasp of Big Brother Disney's filters. This is a chance for us to speak freely, without having to watch our words like we are talking with preschoolers. What this means is that yes, this chat is uncensored, yes, it is going to get raunchy at times, yes, drunken pirates prowl our TS server. And nobody means to offend anyone by any of this behavior. But if you're easily offended by language, good natured insults, teasing, vulgar bodily functions, drunken rantings and ramblings, or anything else that Disney would deem "bannable" then perhaps TeamSpeak isn't for you. And this isn't said to offend anyone or to leave anyone out - but I do think that it is fair to let all of our members know just what they'll be getting themselves into by jumping on this channel. So, as it says above...Please use TeamSpeak at your own risk.
  3. Well, I don't really have a three. I just think that this is going to be a great tool for us (yeah yeah, I've said that a bunch of times already.) But I also don't want this to become an issue between anyone in the guild. This is supposed to be fun and involve everyone. So, if you have anything to add to this, feel free; so long as you do it respectfully, intelligently and keep the damned numbers in order. Smile

Last edited by Kat Sheffield on 4/22/2008, 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I can, damnit!)
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down