Blades of Daring Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Bilgedavis

Go down

Mark Bilgedavis Empty Mark Bilgedavis

Post  Kat Sheffield 4/3/2008, 12:33 pm

I just wanted everyone to know that I have booted Mark Bilgedavis from the guild, for a variety of reasons. This was discussed this morning with another officer, as well as two others last night. We were all in agreement. The random TPing over and over and over was just part of the problem, then there were issues of his demanding that others help him instead of asking, his lying, and unfortunately, since he didn't do as he was asked and registered for the forums so that he could read the posts (If not post himself) he won't even know the reasons why. He was the sort that if I brought it up with him he would have just quit the guild to have the upper hand. I made a judgment call in inviting him and it simply didn't work out. He's not the first and I'm sure he won't be the last to go in such a manner. But we all work hard to ensure that this guild remains mature (and certain things were telling me that he was a kid), that we are all respectful of one another, and that everyone likes one another (as much as possible). Mark simply was not a fit.

I know that we are trying to grow in numbers, but we're looking for quality over quantity. We're never going to be one of those guilds with thousands of members. Some have over 10,000 people! Which is just ridiculous, because that tells you that invite any jackassed idiot who asks to join. If you're here with us now then you know that's not the way that the Blades are run. Personally, I like being able to know the various people in my guild, not a stranger among us. And I plan on keeping it that way.

I apologize to those of you who possibly became friends with him, but I doubt that there was anyone. Just know that although we invite people into the guild, every new member is on a probationary period. Everyone was at one point or another. Just as new members are feeling us out to see if we work for them, the Blades also takes its time in deciding whether or not a member is a true fit, even after the invite has come.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum