Blades of Daring Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let Me Clarify Something

Go down

Let Me Clarify Something Empty Let Me Clarify Something

Post  Kat Sheffield 3/19/2008, 6:53 am

It's been brought to my attention now that a few people have taken what was said about the forums incorrectly. So what I am going to do here is clarify a few things so that everyone understands what's going on here and this is going to be the last that I say on the matter. Because, to be honest, it's taking the fun out of this for me.

1. It is not a post or die issue. Yes, we want everyone registered and active on the forums. Now, when I say that, I don't mean that you have to post about every little stupid thing like some of us do. That's just our way of having fun. However, what this does mean is that when a question is asked on the forums whether it be about a meeting time, voting on a plundering or fleet night, weapon levels, seeing who needs help getting their war ship etc, those are the post that you should be active in. Honestly, I don't give a damn if you ignore all the other posts beyond those pertaining directly to the operation of the guild. But all of our members need to be informed and we want to help anyone who needs help with getting their levels up, gaining more gold, all of that stuff! That's what we're here for. But we do not know what you need help with if you don't ask.

2. The Roll Call. Leon is going to post a deadline for everyone to register on the forums and respond to the two simple posts that he has made. There is one here on our forums and there is one on the main POTC forums. Please respond to both. This is simply to see who is checking the forums. This is not going to become an everyday thing, so no need to worry about that. But right now, we're trying to get everything organized, and this will help us.

3. If anyone was offended by what has been said, either here or in the game the other day, there's no reason to be. But realize that me, Leon and Will are doing our best to lead this guild in the right direction. And if any of this is too serious for you, you're welcomed to leave, just as Steve did. We're not trying to be hard asses or tyrants, we ask very little of our members. And those of you that are here are here because we want you to be, not because we randomly invite. You all know that. But I look at it this way, if we're going to do this we might as well do it right. Sure, we could take anyone who asked to join, even the free members. We could invite lower levels simply so we have numbers. But we don't. And never will. If you're looking for a more casual guild where the players have no idea who one another are, who never have guild nights where they plunder and fleet together, where people are unwilling to help one another out in the game because they're more focused on leveling their characters than assisting other guildmates then the Blades is not for you.

Just as all members are brought in on an initial trial basis, I can perfectly see that the guild itself is under a trial period for all our members. So if we're not working out for you, then that's cool. No hard feelings. I wish you well with finding a guild that fits what you're looking for, and I say that with complete honesty. But for those of you who do enjoy being with us and participating in everything that we do then even better. For one, I think that our core group of active players is growing stronger by the day and in no time we'll be recapturing the Pearl together! Personally, I just want to ensure that our guild remains full of players who are not simply looking to belong to a guild, but who specifically enjoy being in ours.

The main thing is that I don't want this game to lose its fun because people are getting caught up in the rules. I've said from the beginning that this is supposed to be about fun. Essentially, we have three rules as a guild - be active within the guild/game itself, be active (at least reading while registered) the forums, and represent the Blades properly and proudly. Despite all the issues with the game itself, I really enjoy playing and playing with the Blades. I want to make sure that I keep myself interested lest I grow bored like I see happening with so many other players. So, in that vein, it's Wednesday again, which means another Guild Night. I'll be adding a post about that later.

Kat
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum