Blades of Daring Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry I havent been on much

5 posters

Go down

Sorry I havent been on much Empty Sorry I havent been on much

Post  Will Sharkskull 5/2/2008, 11:34 am

I know I havent been on much and miss you guys. Been busy and also I cant figure out what the heck is going on with the game for me. I'm getting real bad lag, and the load screens (like you get after tp'ing somewhere) take forever. I'm talking like minutes after tp'ing it takes to load. I've double checked to make sure there arent new things running that weren't before and I've even shut down things that were running before and no difference. I've changed my settings nothing. I've even completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game from my pc still no difference. Defraged, ran virus checks, just about everything that I can think of. I'm extending my hand to you guys for any ideas or suggestions. Just at this point the game is about unplayable for me with such problems. Please any suggestions will be welcome.
Will Sharkskull
Will Sharkskull

Back to top Go down

Sorry I havent been on much Empty Re: Sorry I havent been on much

Post  Nell O'Bowers 5/2/2008, 3:37 pm

Hmm, that's strange. Depending on when you noticed this, the update could play a part in the lag, it's definitely been worse for me. Is your virus protection current? Maybe it missed something. Or, if it's recent and there's nothing you're worried about losing, maybe you can revert back to before you noticed the problem. Hope you come back soon!
Nell O'Bowers
Nell O'Bowers
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/2/2008, 4:14 pm

Hey Will. Sorry to hear about the problems. But, I know that a bunch of people are having issues, specifically in the guild I know that Hector is as well. Every time he launches his ship the game either freezes or crashes completely. He did some research on the other forums and found out that the people that are having problems are those specifically with ATI graphics cards. I'm not sure where he found this, but I would recommend just posting what you did here over on those boards and see what people come up with. Otherwise, maybe Marc has a few suggestions, he seems to know about these things. Good luck and keep us posted!

P.S. When was the last time that you updated your drivers for your graphics card?

Last edited by Kat Sheffield on 5/2/2008, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : idea!)
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Sharkskull 5/2/2008, 6:29 pm

Well after reading what you worte kat it would seem that maybe I'm having the graphic card issues. I have an ATI myself I havent had any crashes but like like I said almost freezing on the loading screens. As far as when they were updated I tried about a month ago, maybe I did it wrong or it didn't take. It's just so frustrating.
Will Sharkskull
Will Sharkskull

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/2/2008, 7:32 pm

Try updating your graphics card again. That was the quick fix to the issue that I was having a few weeks back. Updated and now everything runs smooth. See if that helps.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  marclockloather 5/4/2008, 1:48 am

Yes Will. Try to update the graphics card driver again. If that doesn't work and you can't get an answer from the other forum, or Disney, you might have to get a different graphics card. It is always possible Disney has a contract with one of these graphics card manufacturers so that certain cards won't work. That way they make money because you have to get a different one. Get you playing then update so you have to change to keep playing. Just a possibility.
marclockloather
marclockloather
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/4/2008, 8:44 am

Evil Disney!! What a bunch of DISNEYS FILTERS REACH THIS FORUM!. Do companies actually do this? Dirty bastards.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Sharkskull 5/4/2008, 12:37 pm

I did update again and I did notice a bit of improvement. There is still something wrong though. I was sailing no big problems then I ported and it took over 8 minutes for it to load, and when it did load I had terrible lag. I tried again and the game just quit on me while loading after sailing. This really pisses me off and I really dont feel like buying a new card just because of this game. I have no other issues running my PC EVER. I record movies and TV shows on my pc and play them back and have no issues what so ever I'd imagine that watching them uses my card also but I could be wrong and those are played back in HD.
Will Sharkskull
Will Sharkskull

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/4/2008, 2:07 pm

I would try using the live chat and talking to Disney about this. Also, something kinda simple to do - I know that you did a virus scan and all that, but when is the last time that you cleaned out your cache, scanned for spy ware, get all those little junky files off your computer, that sort of thing? Also, when the game is running, is it sucking up a bunch of memory that would cause everything to slow down?
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Hector Irongrin 5/4/2008, 2:31 pm

Live chat is just going to say that your vid card isn't compatible with the game.
Try using an aftermarket driver like Omega ( http://www.omegadrivers.net ).
Hector Irongrin
Hector Irongrin
Forum Sea Sponge
Forum Sea Sponge

http://www.myspace.com/bones_

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/4/2008, 2:38 pm

What I still don't get is the card suddenly not being compatible with the game. But then Marc has already pointed out Disney's ugly ways. I'm sure Tech Support is being flooded with problems like this.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum