Blades of Daring Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Trojan Horse issue ... not to worry anybody or anything

3 posters

Go down

This Trojan Horse issue ... not to worry anybody or anything Empty This Trojan Horse issue ... not to worry anybody or anything

Post  Kat Sheffield 4/25/2008, 9:45 pm

So I've been feeling kinda blah today since getting home, which means that I've been laying my lazy ass in bed for the past 5 hours watching Dexter. Also, I've been trolling the boards on the main forums and I've seen that something rather interesting is going on. Apparently, when trying to open POTCO people are getting messages from their virus software about a Trojan Horse virus and they're not being able to get into the game. So if anyone has gotten this message just know that you're not the only one and hopefully Disney is working on this issue, whatever it is. There are a few theories flying around on the board, but I'm not giving any credence to them until Disney issues an official statement regarding this matter.

here's the link to the main thread
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

This Trojan Horse issue ... not to worry anybody or anything Empty Re: This Trojan Horse issue ... not to worry anybody or anything

Post  Nell O'Bowers 4/25/2008, 9:58 pm

Hmm, you probably won't be seeing me tonight then. At least not till I know what's going on. My computer's a mess now, and my virus protection isn't that wonderful. Do you know if it's just if you open it, or does having the game at all cause the problem? I read it and it didn't say, but I thought I'd ask anyhow.

Thanks for the heads up. Smile
Nell O'Bowers
Nell O'Bowers
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

This Trojan Horse issue ... not to worry anybody or anything Empty Update

Post  Kat Sheffield 4/26/2008, 3:24 am

Sorry for that link above not working. For whatever reason, the entire thread seems to have disappeared from their boards. And they've been doing this a few times recently, deleting posts, which I don't get. Anyhow, apparently the issue is only with people who are using Grisoft's AVG AntiVirus. I never got the warning because I am using Avast, and I saw that there were others on tonight, so that's how they were fine as well.

So, basically, there is no virus. Just something in the game that is causing the program to identify it as malicious software. If you want more information, click here, a new thread was started on this issue.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

This Trojan Horse issue ... not to worry anybody or anything Empty haha

Post  Nathaniel Redshot 4/26/2008, 5:42 am

i have so much anti vurus software on here theres nothing that can get past my firewall without me letting it.

P.S. I Love that show
Nathaniel Redshot
Nathaniel Redshot
New User
New User

http://www.myspace.com/pleasanthillkid

Back to top Go down

This Trojan Horse issue ... not to worry anybody or anything Empty Re: This Trojan Horse issue ... not to worry anybody or anything

Post  Kat Sheffield 4/26/2008, 12:57 pm

If anyone is having an issue with AVG, just give Avast(click for the download page) a spin and see what you think. Simple program, works flawlessly, and I've been using it for over three years now without a single problem.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down