Blades of Daring Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Crashing Issues?

Go down

Game Crashing Issues? Empty Game Crashing Issues?

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/3/2008, 4:24 pm

Since this might be happening to more than the two people that I know of...
Since the updates launched, there have been wide spread issues of the game crashing upon logging, various hanging issues when boarding ships, and crash issues in general. One potential way to avoid these is to make sure that you have the current drivers for you computer. If you've noticed a downgrade in your game performance I would first check to make sure that your drivers are up to date. And yes, even if you did this last week, I would check again. You can do this here.

If this doesn't help, or not enough, your next step is to contact live support here.

If that still doesn't help, I would say the next step is to contact Technical Support and be prepared to wait a while for a response.
Click here for tech support.

Hope at least one of these suggestions helps.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Game Crashing Issues? Empty Mo' Updates, Mo' Problems - Taken from POTCO Main Forums

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/4/2008, 8:41 pm

Seems like Live Support isn't sharing much information regarding this issue beyond it being a problem on specific player computers. But I doubt that with so many people having this problem that it's just a coincidence. Here's what someone was told by live support.

I did the online chat today and after explaining the same issues (Lag and such) on a mac, the result was they told me the issue is on my end. They said that the lag is related to latency. However, when I checked the router and speed tests they all came out fine..

After talking to support today they told me all my issues are related to latency and that no one else is having these kinds of issues. To be honest, the lag is so bad the game is unplayable when out at sea.

And here's what someone else had to say about that

I believe Shift+f7 will actually show your sync and latency, if I remember correctly. So get the number for them and ask what the latency should be for smooth performance.

So try telling this to Live Support and see what happens.
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Game Crashing Issues? Empty Re: Game Crashing Issues?

Post  Kat Sheffield 5/5/2008, 2:52 am

The word is now that the techs are working to fix this issue. The site keeps closing for maintenance as they tend to the problem. People who were crashing when they sailed before are saying that now things are better. Which means that Disney is fixing the problem, albeit slowly. Patience, Daniel-San. Hopefully everyone will be back to smooth sailing quickly. I'm sure that if any more bug reports are submitted or emails are sent to customer support regarding these problems then the damned servers are going to crash. Then where the hell will we be? Hm... I do have a pile of neglected books awaiting my attention. Pirates has turned my literary brain to mush I tell you! Razz
Kat Sheffield
Kat Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Game Crashing Issues? Empty Re: Game Crashing Issues?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down